View Single Post
Old 01-06-2010, 16:40   #47
garinda
Give, give, give member

Re: John Prescott elevated to The House of Lords

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
David Laws.....well he did it to protect his privacy......how does that work then?
You wouldn't automatically think that the landlord of your accommodation was your lover......or would you? And he only 'fessed' up because he was about to be sussed by a daily newspaper.
Personally, I don't care about this man and his bedroom habits......but I do care that he thought he could steal/defraud/embezzle money from the tax payer......Especially as he really didn't need the money, having had a lucrative career that allowed him to retire as a millionaire at the age of 28.
He might be academically clever, but he was pretty dumb to think that he would not get caught out.
As you say, if he was that bright, and really wanted to protect his privacy, he wouldn't have abused the system to the tune of forty grand.

No one would know of his living arrangements.

Let's not forget that it's only thanks to the mole, who passed on the expenses to the Daily Telegraph, that any of these scandals ever came to light.

The majority of M.P.'s fought tooth and nail to keep them secret...for 'security reasons'.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote