View Single Post
Old 03-06-2010, 10:36   #56
Whalley Red
Full Member+

Re: Coley & Jimmy Demand Contract Resolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
Lots of emotional language as opposed to discussing the facts.

These men will not listen to any of you and change will not occur unless you starve them of the 2 things they love.
Money and status.

That means 2 things.
At away games, vocal protests which embarrasses the owners/management while they are living it up with opposing directors and highlights their short comings.
Not buying season tickets or merchandise and starving them of their cash

Im sorry, but you have never offered an alternative way of making a protest that is effective
you have never discussed what motivates the owners of the club

if you keep giving them your cash and attendance, you are not protesting but supporting them.

short term pain for long term gain, its the only way to get them out.
Starve the club of cash until O'Neill and Heys have no other option than to resign?

The problem is that since the High Court action, the Club hasn't been in such strong a financial position for a number of years due to Ilyas and Peter Marsden.

Should they have let the Club be wound up at the High Court? That would have removed O'Neill and Heys from their posts ... would this be, in your words, "short term pain for long term gain"?

Alternatively, should we hope that the players lose in Round 1 of all its Cup games next so it starves the Club of all the unexpected Cup income that we received last year?

Utter nonsense.

I'll never stop giving my money to Accrington Stanley and I'll never stop supporting the team. No amount of grievance with individuals at the Club would ever stop me doing either of those.
Whalley Red is offline   Reply With Quote