Thread: Driving Test
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2010, 08:59   #8
jaysay
Resting in Peace

Re: Driving Test

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
ahh bless yet another test to raise revenue from all those thousands of people just itching to get their first car.The theory test is a waste of time and nothing more than a gloryfied version of when the examiner would pick a few questions out teh highway code at the end of a test .

your either fit to be on the road or your not and that is what the whole point of teh examiner is for to assess your drivig ability and 10 mins or whatever clicking a mouse on a pc screen will not come in handy out in the real world.Infact if they must insist on having that theory test it should be taken with an upset girlfriend next to you or with a screaming kid on the back seat or both if they want to simulate a real hazzard lol
For once I disagree with you accyman, I think the theory test IS a good idea as is this new initiative. Myself I would like to see a restriction on the engine size for people who have just passed their test, they take and pass the test in a car with say1000cc engine then can immediately jump into a supped mortar with a 3000cc engine. How many young people have an accident within weeks of passing their tests