View Single Post
Old 10-06-2010, 10:03   #1
jaysay
Resting in Peace

Hospital appointment

I have received an appointment for the Maxfax department at the Royal Blackburn, it was the usual standard letter you receive giving times and numbers for cancellations etc. The difference I found which I haven't seen before were details on the back titled details recorded, which listed hospital number name address tel numbers etc. then there was a section called Ethnicity asking to indict your ethnic group 19 choices
the school if applicable, but it was the last section which intrigued me the most, I will write this in full

Overseas Visitors Policy

There are national regulations about who is entitled to free NHS Hospital treatment and it is in the interests of the public that all hospitals ensure these regulations are enforced. If this is your first visit to this Trust you must provide prof of residency in the UK and this must be produced when you book in for your appointment.

This must be two separate documents from the following list:

Birth Certificate, Utility Bill, Bank Statement, Passport, Entry Clearance documents or Ancestral Visa

I have been going to hospital for many years and this is the first time I've seen this on any such appointment letter, was just wondering what happens if some one turns up without the required documentation, remember this isn't A and E, will they, like Brits abroad be asked for Insurance documents or their credit card?