View Single Post
Old 11-06-2010, 17:55   #15
Margaret Pilkington
Beacon of light

Re: Oak House Dentist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggy View Post
I've been at Oak House for awhile now, used to be at Accy Vic when i started using them. Its not true that everyone is seen by students/Junior dentists and if you are not happy with the particular dentist who see's you, they will change you to another within the practise if you ask.

The Dentist i'm seeing there now is one of the Senior Dentists...his name is David...sorry i dont recall his surname. But he is superb, and very good indeed with Nervous Patients, i know because my ex wife who was terrified of going to the Dentists, also changed to him on my recommendation, and she says he's the best she's ever had, and is as much at ease with him as she could be...lets face it...no one really enjoys going do they!!!

I did intially have concerns with the fact that i seemed to be getting a different dentist on every other visit, due to Junior Dentists moving on to other practices, but since i've been put on Davids patient list, i cant speak highly enough of him....he supports Rovers too!!!!!

Best Regards - Taggy
The dentist you are referring to is David Heeley, and yes, he is absolutely marvellous.
I have no hesitation in recommending him.
As for being treated by students.....I have been treated by the students, but I was asked if I would be happy to have some treatment from them.
They are supervised by senior dental staff at every step.
You do not have to accept treatment from the student, and if you do accept, you still remain the patient of your original dentist.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote