View Single Post
Old 14-06-2010, 07:39   #83
garinda
Give, give, give member

Re: Just before the robbing Tory budget

If the 2,000 doesn't include the ones that are between tenants, I can't think of any in Oswaldtwistle that are empty.

Let's have a survey on Accy Web. Are there any empty properties near where you live?

I suppose my house is a two up/two down, though it's actually two down, plus a kitchen extention, and two bedrooms up, plus a bathroom.

Lots of families were brought up on my row, and still are. Though they extended at the back, and into the loft, to get more space, rather than knock two together. The rooms are bigger than some new build doll's houses, and is more solidly constructed, and sell for similar prices to new builds of the same square footage.

I've nothing against new builds, I lived in one in Glasgow, but I've never been happier than now, living in my Victorian terrace.

Incidentally, some terraced housing in Ossy has been refigured to accommodate people's changing needs, by knocking through to create upper, and ground floor flats, depending if people can manage stairs. None of those are empty either.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote