Thread: Gerrard...
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2004, 16:34   #8
Chester Guy

Re: Gerrard...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staveros
I've never seen him play myself but judging by reports i've had from friends who watch everton reserves youre gonna be in for a treat!!
Unfortunately the premiership reserve games are very different from the first team league games at this level. They just seem to be able to do what they want in those games. Young Steve Vaughan Junior (yes the chairman’s son, who recently signed for us) has proved that, as he seems to have no incentive to tackle anyone, which when your a right back is a problem, because, obviously in the reserve games he used to play for Liverpool there was no need to do much tackling... so he just backs off and backs off until someone else runs in to tackle them. Thankfully he didn’t play on Saturday... Best thing that can happen with him is that he's sent off to Vauxhall motors or somewhere on loan to mature, like happened to Danny Collins, who is now a defensive rock as a result of it.

Hopefully though, this Gerrard will do the trick for you and play well, but just don’t expect him to be fully matured to the physical side of the game straight away. though I really do hope he does play well for you

Last edited by Chester Guy; 07-09-2004 at 16:38.
Chester Guy is offline   Reply With Quote