View Single Post
Old 24-06-2010, 17:20   #15
DaveinGermany
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!
Re: It's all over for Stanley....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
I know Dave, that you were in the military but I don't think you did an Afgan tour. The reason this post is relevant is that as you are possibly aware the 1st Battalion Lancs has recently begun their six month tour;
I know T, I left in 1993 saving me from having to serve in Afghanistan. As to the Lancs I know they're out there now, I had the pleasure of meeting some of the Lads when they were stationed here 2006-2008.

Sadly I think the Lancs will see a few more fatalities in the coming months. There has been more cases of direct fire casualties of late & it appears the taliban are stepping up their tactical attitude & developing the threat, I only hope the Lads keep low & move fast.

As to Obama his attitude is abysmal, he knows nothing about war fighting & its application, neither do his aides & advisers, Ok McChrystal made some out of turn comments, so what doesn't everyone ? A dressing down would've been sufficient & let the man carry on.

Obviously the great president of America & his aides feelings are far more important than the lives & feelings of those troops who are prepared to make such great sacrifice & by extension their families, in the cause for Americas freedom & at his & his predecessors behest.
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote