View Single Post
Old 01-07-2010, 18:20   #7
ruedetropal
Junior Member+

Re: Where are the jobs?

The whole jobs market is one big joke. I have foundther service(?) provided by agencies very patchy, unless you happen to fit the criteria they are looking for, exacly.
I only recently signed on , after a very badly contracted job for 3 years. One reason for signing on was to try and get paperwork properly sorted out. I had to pop over to France after a couple of days, for a family funeral, and was told I therefore had to sign off, and then sign on again(paperwork even more in a mess) . Apparently you are not allowed to go abroad(even Europe) if you are unemployed, and I was given a very poor excuse for this rulling, something about not wasting tax payers money, yet they continue to waste a lot of money in that particular department. I wonder what they would have said if I was going for a job interview in France.
My daughter has just got a job which doesn't start for a few weeks, yet to still get unemployment benefit(I use that term intentionally) she has to still go through the process of looking for work, wasting everyone's time and money.
I aim to go self employed as I will be getting about same money through tax credits without the hazzle. I will also have time to do some real work, benefiting both the community and hopefully me.
ruedetropal is offline   Reply With Quote