View Single Post
Old 02-07-2010, 17:18   #3
DaveinGermany
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!
Re: people carriers?

Ford Galaxy, newer models have 2 rear seats (making 7) which are folded flat into the floor in the boot giving you a standard of 5 seats & plenty of boot room. The older models have individual seats which you can lift out & reconfigure to suit your needs. I believe the VW Sharan & the Seat Alhambra are all along the same chassis & design just different company spec.

Dependent on mileage I think you'll be looking at service intervals roughly every 10,000 mile & round about 40,000 mile a major service (replacing timing belt) which gets pricey.(all these are estimates as over here it's all in Kms, we have a 2002 model Galaxy & it's still running well enough) I believe they may well have increased the mileage between services in newer models, but speak to the salesmen/mechanics for a better insight.

Ours is a Diesel 1.9 & with a 60 ltr tank we're getting about 900-1000 km per filling approx 560-620 mile, again speak to the reps/mechanics for a better idea & take into account the servicing into your overall price when you think about outlay. hope this helps you Ema, like I say I can only give you info about the Ford as we've had it for the last 6 years.
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote