Thread: Mapping Accy
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2010, 11:09   #14
kestrel

Re: Mapping Accy

Whilst I agree, in principal, that Accrington Town needs a new map I am struggling to see how this meets the discription 'Liberating Empty Properties' or is indeed an ART project. The project is a creative one though, and that is to be celebrated.
Can you tell me here the full cost of the project and how many maps will be printed? Am I correct in thinking that the end 'product' will be solely a number of maps or is there more to the project than that?
I walked into town and then home again on Saturday and on the walk home through the Peel area I did see a number of deflated yellow ballons lying in the gutters... I wonder where all those plastic sticks went?
Witnessing a group of people distributiing plastic promotional items, with the full permission of Hyndburn Council, on Broadway made my heart sink - momentarily! I am now determined to lobby the Council for a policy that insists that any promotional items distributed via projects that carry the Hyndburn Council branding must be biodegradable or made from recycled materials in an effort to minimise the impact to Earth's precious ecology. Please spend some time to inform your selves of the enormous impact plastic is making on life around the planet

and please let this be just the beginning of a growing awareness of how our shopping choices impacts on life, here and on the other side of the world, and let it inspire a strengthening of our determination to REDUCE the amout of plastic waste we, as Hyndburn residents, generate. In a well managed community there should be little need to re-cycle because the main emphasis is placed on the REDUCTION of consumption that creates waste and the REUSE of many of the items that currently get thrown away with little thought of where they may end up.
kestrel is offline   Reply With Quote