View Single Post
Old 15-07-2010, 18:28   #152
jaysay
Resting in Peace

Re: Moat - end of story

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
John, I didn't say I didn't agree with the majority of opinion.......I echoed the fact that most of us are capable of both good and bad things...the majority of us have morals which moderate the side of us which would indulge in the bad things......however, I think that this man was a victim of the life he chose to lead, that in the pursuit of the macho image, and the hard man facade, he took drugs which may have altered his psyche.

He was a violent man, but that was compounded by the drugs he took to build up muscle.
Also from the things that have been said about his mental state, I am inclined to believe that maybe he was bi-polar too.
None of these things excuse his violence or the murder he committed.
I abhor the people who are now lionizing him as a hero.

No John, my point is that none of us are all black, or all white......and that the only person who can judge this man, is his maker....and I guess he will be paying a bigger price than prison could ever inflict on him.
I can see your point Margaret, but I'm sure I heard on the news this morning that he had expressed the wishes to see a shrink in prison and actually saw one, who could find nothing wrong with him. but like I've often said all aspects of life are about opinions, and like eyeballs everybody's got them that's what makes the world go round