View Single Post
Old 24-07-2010, 13:28   #40
accyman
God Member

Re: Isn't It Time Cyclists re-claimed the road?

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
I don't think taxing the cyclist is the way forward at this particular moment in time Accyman.

They do not have the same wear and tear on road surfaces as motorists, are not guilty of any carbon emissions (except maybe a fart now and then with the seat position... ), and also at a time when the Government is trying to get people out of their cars and on to public transport; not only because of the increasing congestion, but for environmental and health reasons.

It is not going to get any better now either ... the transport cuts have been horrendous by this new government and lots of new roads/improvements now put on hold, which the Labour Government approved.

You'll be campaigning to tax wheelchairs next !

It's a difficult one too when our children are very young and on their three wheelers we instruct them not to go on the road, but then later not to ride on the pavement.
if a cyclist hits my car it cost me not them so they should have insurance period and although they may not cause as much wear and tear on the roads a lot of money goes on making roads safer for them like cycle lanes for example and it isnt free so i dont think its unreasonable for cyclists to pay their way these days.Only today i have had to swerve out the way of some idiot on a pushbike because they decided they wanted to cycle in the middle of the road and swerved out without even looking yet if i had hit him my car would be damaged and my insurance would be footing the bill at my expense with excess and extra premiums when i renew my policy.

mind you if i had my way bycicles would have number plates like cars and cyclists given the same 12 points a driver has to go at.Just because they are smaller dosnt mean they cant cause lots of damage

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote