View Single Post
Old 24-07-2010, 15:18   #45
accyman
God Member

Re: Isn't It Time Cyclists re-claimed the road?

Quote:
Originally Posted by glasgow guy View Post
hmmm in your top post you seem to say that cyclists should pay insurance and roadtax to help pay for the roads and whats painted on them but in your second post you say that roadtac doesnt actually go on the roads..
for most of my life like many others i was under the false impression that road tax was collected for the maintainance and buildning of new roads and that myth has been deep routed into my memory.I later remembered that road tax is not used for that and is merely a tax which gets spent on anything but roads.This argument arose a few years ago on here about road tax and somone fished out the relevant information proving road tax isnt for road maintainance and is merely the name given to the tax and not a descriptoion of its purpous.Hence my two contradicting remarks

regardless cyclists should have cover to protect people from the damage they do to cars or personal injuries they cause to pedestrians,i dont see why cyclists shoudl get off scott free when they are negligent on teh roads

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Last edited by accyman; 24-07-2010 at 15:23.
accyman is offline   Reply With Quote