View Single Post
Old 25-07-2010, 11:17   #61
katex
Resting in Peace

Re: Isn't It Time Cyclists re-claimed the road?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
No, not on a mission, just wanting to travel safely from A to B without having to avoid Ignorant cyclists, if they do not have the competence to use the roads then they should give up cycling & walk I want the pavements for pedestrians and courteous cyclists able to travel on roads where they should be.

Surely that isn't too much to ask?
Of course it is not too much to ask Less ... nobody is disagreeing with you that cyclists on pavements is unhealthy to pedestrians.

I think we have got to ask ourselves why they do it and I suspect in most cases is a fear for their safety of being on the road. Also confusing as there are lots of cycle paths on pavements too ... these are shared and most pedestrians ignore them whilst crossing over the cycle track.

I'm sure all departments involved with transport recognise this problem and lots being done to ensure every one's safety. Maybe a campaign as in the 'Think Bike' one, but aimed at this problem could have some effect ... unfortunately though, as mentioned previously, the budgets for transport have been drastically cut.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web