Thread: Todays Match
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2004, 22:44   #25
LongLostSon

Re: Todays Match

team : JK, Cav, Smith, Gerrard, Howson, Jag, McE, Craney, Rory, Mullers, Ged - subs : Alcock, James, Banim, Howarth (on for Cav), Cook ( on to save Rory being lynched).

Oh yeah, we have a defence - superb perfomance & total control. Particularly impressed with Smith and Gerrard considering 1st game. Eh, but what about the Rory incident. Out of respect to my aging knees I watch from the seats these days and so was sideways on when Rory was put through and went sprawing in the area. Daggers player obscured my view as to whether it were a dive or penalty. Rory got up and appealed - ref weren't having any so Rory chucks himself down and rolls about, Didn't see anyone within arms reach and thought the lad was having a temper tantrum. Daggers fans start screaming 'cheat' and their goalie walks over and gestures to Rory to get up, offering some advice at the same time. Rory jumps up (again) and although back to me his body language suggests he had some words of advice for their keeper. Silly bloke then appears to push Rory by the face and Rory obliges with another dying swan collapse. Red card and (although 'off the ball') penalty - 3-0 and Coley diplomatically subs Rory. Be interested to see what lads / Lasses behind the goal thought of the incident. Don't want to pour cold water on a great display - but we can be straight with one another on here can't we - if there was nothing more to what I saw then it leaves a sour taste. Having said that we were well in control and didn't need the pen or sending off to win hansome. Suspect we lost some friends at Dagenham over the incident though.
LongLostSon is offline   Reply With Quote