View Single Post
Old 01-08-2010, 14:20   #247
ShadowTrev

Re: ACCY POP GROUPS 1960s

Quote:
Originally Posted by dublomad View Post
Hiya Trev. Love the Scorchers photos. Who made the transition from Gideons Ways to the Scorchers. We played with you, as the Scorchers on the 26th March 1965 at St. Augustines in Huncoat, I'd just turned 15, and according to my write up, we were quite excited! Apparently you also had some really good gear lots of Vox amps etc.
We then played with Gideons on the 23rd of September at the Catholic Youth Club, so I presume that somewhere in-between this 6 months period you made the change. All the best Tony
Hiya Tony, I think we all thought "Scorchers"sounded a bit tacky so we'll go up market with "Gid's"I like both now. I can't remember loads of the gig's we'd played,I was talking to Dave Robinson's[Gid's bass]this week, mentioned this site to him he reminded me of a gig we'd done with"The Rocking Vicars"that he'd gone to, it's news to me! When I'd managed to persuade my mum&dad to upgrade from my £2-50p acoustic to an electric guitar["Rosetti solid seven in turqoise sunburst- nice eh?]but no amp, I ran it through my record-player and then decided to use the old wireless[Marconi wood veneered valve job from the 50's] Dave did the same as me for his bass,we used to carry them from our homes on the streets to Ayrty's[Scorchers managers]parents greengrocers shop on Blackburn Rd. Clayton where we practised above the shop,we got nicknamed "The Wireless Brigade". When I got my 1st proper amp["Watkins Dominator"17watts ] the mikes went through it as-well as my guitar,quite a mushy sound! Our parents took us all to Reidys on the same day to buy us better gear,Ian,- Hofner Verithin guitar&Vox ac30 amp &chrome stand,Dave,Hofner Beatle bass guitar&Vox T60 amp& I got a 2nd hand Burns Vibra Artist[£65guineas]&Vox ac30 Top boost& chrome stand[wish I still had it, sold to a music shop in Germany the day before I was flying home]I can picture it now speaker cloth flapping as we played "Born to be Wild"with the volume set on full,good memories. Rock on, Trev.
ShadowTrev is offline   Reply With Quote