View Single Post
Old 02-08-2010, 09:46   #253
jaysay
Resting in Peace

Re: ACCY POP GROUPS 1960s

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowTrev View Post
Hiya Jaysay,Yes you're right about the Rossetti the neck had'nt even got any camber on it,I fitted a tremolo arm to it I'd got 2nd hand from Reidy's[I bet it was Brian Grooby from Music Box that sold it me] I think I was a bit too over enthusiastic one day in front of the rest of the band I snapped the metal tailpiece,they laughted a lot I can tell you,dad welded it back for me. I played with one of Midnight Hour's many different line- up's in the early 70's,Brendan Cook was the singer, Derek Southward was drumming I'm sure he lived off Thwaites Rd.then moved to Clayton right opposite to me when he got married. I took over from Rod Hill,Brendan did a fair impression of Noddy Holder's vocals if I remember right.
Hi Trev, Derek Southworth jammed with us for a bit, then just when we were ready to hit the road Brendan decided to reform the Hourand Derek left, he actually lived on Tennyson venue about 5 doors up from my first wife, married a lass call Mavis Challener who lived at Fields Farm top of Hawthorn Avenue in Ossy. When I first saw the Hour the lead guitar was called Henry lived over west end too, he was with us with Derek, but after he left we were a bit disheartened, plus I decided to get married, and that as they say was end of story