Old 04-08-2010, 14:29   #11
cashman
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: A minimum price on alcohol???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Tagy, that is how I remember lock ins working....you had to be known and be a regular......although sometimes if you were with a regular you might be permitted to stay.

I can't see the judiciary accepting tougher sentencing on drunken behaviour as a means of tackling this thorny problem.

In America that age that you can legally drink alcohol is 21, and while they have young men going to war over there too, to fight for their country, they do not challenge the alcohol laws.......just because you can fight doesn't mean that you can handle alcohol....and many Barracks towns will prove this.

21 should be the age at which you can purchase alcohol......as for deterrants....I think the only thing that will happen is that drunkards will be sent on education courses, much the way that speeders are.

The folk who abuse alcohol should be sent to work as volunteers on the units which treat those with Liver failure.
thing is though i'm sure the judiciary do not set the setencing tariffs? could be wrong, but thats how i understand it, is it not down to whomever is in power to do this? i am against raising the age n america i do not think is a good yardstick, given what happens oer yon, as well as all the knobheads there are many responsible young uns, its the knobheads that get all the publicity.