View Single Post
Old 05-08-2010, 21:19   #40
SPUGGIE J
God Member

Re: A minimum price on alcohol???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Booth View Post
SPUGGIE J-Bleeting? Don't be silly.Your response is common and typical.Its not their fault, who else can we blame? Oh yes, let's go back 3 generations and blame them.Not that many of my age group got to go abroad and try different drink rules.And the 24 hour drink law didn't come in till Nov 1995. So don't try to pass the buck to me and my lot.Perhaps your'e feeling a little guilty because it was your age group that started the ball rolling?
Some with money did get the chance to go abroad and sample a different lifestyle. As with everything that is considered to be cool in whatever era people will want a slice of it when they get home. Then once enough want it a culture takes of that as time goes by evolves. It can evolve better or worse depending on the situation.

Children in many cases follow the way of their parents. So if over several generations this balloons there has to be a route cause with following on effects. I will not denying my age group help start it or carried it on. But as I was growing up there was no money available for excess drinking. I never was a heavy drinker and never got into trouble through it as I knew it could be bad and was told so. The worst I did was waking up in a graveyard and the old brickyard at Huncoat.

If it was not previous generations and their attitude to drink that helped start this problem then how can you explain Scotlands problem that pro rota is bigger than that of England?

I could also be that having to work shifts not by choice many realised their weekend could be ruined. So if 24 hour drinking was available then they make the most of it. And shift work is not a new thing but we are seeing more and more of it.

I still say that the parents should be held accountable. How often do they kick the kids out on a Friday and Saturday night with extra cash in their pockets so it is quiet for them. They never educated the kids properly about the pit falls as it was easier to use the out of site out of mind attitude.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote