View Single Post
Old 14-09-2004, 10:58   #25
JohnW

Re: September 11th....

I do not think there is much that Ifty can do than he is not doing already. He can't deport the potential terrorists, neither is it lawful for him to go out and kill them just because he is of the same creed or shares the same origin. I think what he can do is to lead by example. He is doing that by integrating, by having discussion on this forum, by showing the people of his creed and origin that it is possible to have sensible discussion with people of other creeds and to agree to disagree on certain points. He is showing that this can be done in a non-violent way and that if we respect each other we can live together. He is on here making friends and will hopefully attend some of the social evenings. This will encourage others like him, who are open minded to try to do the same. Well done Ifty, keep posting, make friends, be a good person, show people of all creeds that this is all possible. There will be some fanatics who will never be persuaded however so don't lose faith or give up because you have failures. This is what integration is all about and you have a chance to make a difference by your actions.

JohnW

Last edited by JohnW; 14-09-2004 at 14:16.
JohnW is offline   Reply With Quote