Thread: Barbary Coast
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2010, 09:59   #161
jaysay
Resting in Peace

Re: Barbary Coast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggy View Post
Back Stage Security for Tommy!!!.....Did that involve keeping the drinks secure from him Jaysay?...Tommy was well known for his love of a tipple or 7!!

Best Regards - Taggy
Tommy was a very complex character Taggy, everything had to be in place every night, i.e. Same security, same taxi driver, same waitress etc. The Taxi driver, Tez used to pick me up at the stage door every night at 8-30 then of to the Saxon, Tez waited while I went up to Tommy's room, is first question was (and in exactly the same voice as TV) what they like tonight John( the audience) then I'd pick his bag up collect his agent from the next room then back to the Cav, then I was outside the door until he went on stage then back to the door afterwards, well usually inside the dressing room. You won't believe this but Tommy suffered from hug bouts of Stage Fright and necked nearly a full bottle of scotch before going on stage. On the Friday night he wen with us to the Sakumo restaurant for meal and a few drinks, He dropped me off in his taxi at Ossy Town Hall at 7am Saturday morning, with everybody waiting for the bus to Howard and Bulloughs, there faces were a picture with Tommy leaning out of the window shouting see you tonight John

Last edited by jaysay; 12-08-2010 at 10:07.
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote