View Single Post
Old 15-08-2010, 18:06   #21
g jones
Senior Member+

Re: Audit Commission

I remember the Audit Commission coming to Hyndburn. They were put up in the Dunkenhalgh and given champagne and fine food.

My own experiences of their two visits was of total incompetence. In giving the Council an excellent rating they did not look at anything that needed looking at but enjoyed guided tours to parts of Hyndburn the Council wanted them to see.

On this visit they failed to interview the opposition which is appalling, too busy living the high life at the tax payers expense. The Audit Commission in my view should have started with the opposition.

ON a second occasion they came here over the Coach House where months later the Council finally admitted several errors (though not all). Only months previous, the Audit Commission looked into the complaints and could find no wrong.

From these two personal experiences I have to say Eric Pickles is right. The Audit Commission set up in 1986 by Maggie, was ostensibly to monitor Labour Councils but has become ineffective.

Hopefully Hyndburn Council will be embarrassed by the Audit Commission's 'excellence' marque they have put on everything and remove them.

Last edited by g jones; 15-08-2010 at 18:11.
g jones is offline   Reply With Quote