View Single Post
Old 17-08-2010, 07:12   #271
yonmon
Senior Member+

Re: Pitch

[quote=Redraine;834943]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldgobbin View Post
! People told me that there's been an awful lot of rain in Accy over the last 24 hours,quote]

Not that much, Stan. If it's bographggy after such a small amount of rain it makes you wonder how the new drains will ever cope with real downpours. I'm worried too, and have always thought that 70 grand would not be enough to get to the bottom of the historical problems.

Being somewhat surprised at seeing little or no information regarding 'Ilyas's Pitch' being released from official sources,( which having to have two demanding games played on it over the coming week, and the advanced weather reports of more rain to come, has rekindled my high-anxiety !)....
Apart that is from a brief allusion in our wonderful Lancashire Telegraph as to the change of venues for Reserve games ...Will someone in the know (nudge nudge....wink wink !), in an attempt to ease my worried mind, please post an accurate report on the current state of 'the hallowed turf '.

Also, sharing Redraines feelings, and hearing the many comments regarding extra financial support being given to ensure that 'Ilyas's Pitch' will reach an acceptable standard...I hope that this necessary funding has been seen and released as a vital investment by those holding the purse strings, and that JC will get the surface he would like to allow his Team to play his much-publicised 'passing-game'...He deserves this if nothing else !...

SO.... 'ON STANLEY !!...ON !!!'

Last edited by yonmon; 17-08-2010 at 07:15.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web