View Single Post
Old 18-08-2010, 09:16   #352
james

Re: ACCY POP GROUPS 1960s

Hello Tony.Sounds like you all had a good time on Sat, not to mention a few beers.Trevor Gardener really enjoyed himself.Glad you like the Accrington Stanley photo.Dave Foster was the "Warrior" that I knew best, we grew up together as kids,we actually lived next door to each other in Downham Drive, Fern Gore.I knew all the family, Carol, Dave and Michael.They were a bit older than me.I played with them once when they were between drummers,before they got Ian Wallace, in a bingo hall in Church.I was 14 years old, Dave was 17 and John was 19, bit of an age difference! But as we all got older it didn't seem to matter too much.You should find Wammy playing five nights a week at "The Rock Palace", it's on the front.There are a few ads around as well, I'm sure you'll find him! I've attached a couple of photos' when we were living at The Watermill Theatre, one of me and Dave Foster, and one of Wammy (it is Wammy, it's me , I keep spelling it wrong), on their way to a rehearsal which was 2 minutes walk! Hope you have a good time, and give Dave a big hug for me.I haven't seen him for nearly 40 years.Best wishes,Jim.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Me and Dave Foster.jpg (340.4 KB, 65 views)
File Type: jpg wammy dave cottage.jpg (170.1 KB, 62 views)
james is offline   Reply With Quote