View Single Post
Old 20-08-2010, 09:03   #376
jaysay
Resting in Peace

Re: ACCY POP GROUPS 1960s

Quote:
Originally Posted by dublomad View Post
Hi Jaysay. I knew Steve very well. His mum and dad were Brenda and Alf (Alf also suffered from chest complaints), They used to have a toffee 'n train shop across from King Georges Hall around where Waves is now. Steve used to work in the shop, good bloke, do anything for you. In the 80's he took a shop up 4 lane ends in Blackburn and I rewired the place for him. As for his keyboard skills, he was excellent, nearly persuaded him to play in Kite with us but his health wasn't really up to it. I was quite close to all the family, but haven't seen Claire and the kids since the funeral, very sad. He used to come and watch us when he was up to it, last time was about '94, when I was in a duo, but after that he went down hill fast. I used to go round to see him before he died, tried to persuade him that he should be doing more music, but he hadn't really got the energy. Rock on Steve!! Tony
Hi Tony,

Glad some one knew Steve, we became great friends in the late 80s early 90s as we spent quite a lot of time together on ward E3 at Queen's Park, I think Claire went back to Liverpool with the kids, I went to his home once, which was just off the arterial road. I was very sad when he died, because he was such a great guy who never moaned about his poor health, just got on with his life the best way he could. The last time I saw him was actually in the chest clinic at the infirmary. Unfortunately I was unable to attend his funeral as I had only been discharged from hospital the day before, but I know lots of the staff from E3 went, he was such a popular bloke and certainly died well before his time

Last edited by jaysay; 20-08-2010 at 09:05.
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web