View Single Post
Old 25-08-2010, 22:46   #97
maccawozzagod
God Member

Re: vs Newcastle Utd.

for the record:

FACT Stanley fans are well known for stopping behind after the game and singing until at least the players come out for their warm down.

FACT stewards and a couple of police were trying to encourage Stanley fans to leave. They didn't.

FACT stewards and police had hold of a Stanley fan holding the big flag on a stick (Spanish flag) and asked him to put it down whilst they had a word. At which point he was then manhandled towards the exit.

FACT /That is what prompted a number of fans to surge forwards and try to throw protective arms around a fellow fan being aggresively treated for no reason. At that point I went in to try to pull people away who were on the verge of being arrested/thrown out/manhandled themselves. I then saw, right in front of me and missing me by millimetres, one steward throw 3 punches at a fan, that is when it started to get silly. That steward has been reported to the club and I will gladly pass his name to whoever wants it. It would be a disgrace if he ever stewards a game again.

There are two sides to every story, as always, but in my honest opinion (and I hadn't really had a drink before hand) the whole thing was brought about by one pillock in particular throwing needless punches. Beyond that, whoever made the decision that riot police were needed (and incurred the club pointless fee's) needs their own head examining.

I wouldn't apportion any blame whatsoever on the police. They can only act upon information given to them, and probably did so accordingly. But it was all blown out of so much proportion its unreal.

From half five until quarter to ten tonight was one of the best nights I've ever had the priveledge to witness whilst wearing my Stanley shirt, for ten minutes it was ridiculous. I never again want to see LOCAL POLICE (who should via intelligence know us better) drawing batons on the Clayton End.

DICKHEADS