View Single Post
Old 26-08-2010, 09:29   #98
jaysay
Resting in Peace

Re: is accyweb dying?

To be quite honest, when I joined Accy Web back in 2005 I didn't use it all that much, in the first 18 months I only made about 170 posts, then there was a glitch with my account, owing to me switching from dial up to broadband, and was unable to participate or twelve months, although I did regularly come on and just have a read, and on some occasions was mad because I couldn't join in. Since the problem was sorted need my daily fix of Accy Web the only thing that keeps me off is if I'm in doc or feeling very unwell at home. The thing about this site is you can converse with people all over the world, people who actually stated life here, people like Eric in Canada, SJ in USA Alan in Tasmania Sue in Cicily (who I had the pleasure of meeting only last week) plus I've met people who live here now, and of course its a lifeline for lots of people for lots of reasons, only this morning Bert wanted a book, he's found one, Accy Web is community in itself and long may it rain, I can only say I'm proud to be a very small part of it