View Single Post
Old 26-08-2010, 09:56   #17
Red-Osbornello
Full Member+

Re: FANs not criminals!!!!

Unfortunately I can't quite recall what happened first due to a bit of tunnel vision. From my recollection we were all just singing along proud of the teams performance (just as we did vs Fulham - there were no problems then??) and all of a sudden the stewards got impatient and moved in. I don't know what happened down at the far side at first but we moved in to try and calm things down and at various points some lads were being restrained by stewards in a brutal manner (around the neck etc etc) and then they moved in from the side pushing everyone towards the gate and yanking people about... I even saw one teenage lad on the verge of tears after being yanked head first over 3 rows of seats - then they had the audacity [no idea if that's spelt correctly ] to tell us not to swear in front of kids. The police got involved a bit, but it was still the stewards who were the real villains (as was proved when one went face to face with a copper). The horseback police were generally ok up at the crown afterward asking us about what stewards did and advising us to inform the club on individual stewards. That's all I can remember I'm afraid, hope it helps with the combined recollection of events...

Last edited by Red-Osbornello; 26-08-2010 at 09:58. Reason: unfinished sentence...