View Single Post
Old 26-08-2010, 11:29   #28
yonmon
Senior Member+

Re: FANs not criminals!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
just what i wondered. mind ya its easy to find out if ya check.
As I didn't witness all that has been reported so far Cashy, but having heard a first-hand account of it all from a member of my family,So I must find it difficult to involve myself in any fault finding or recriminations..BUT...

I do question the Remit which those in charge of security at our Club must give to Stewards who are hired ad-hoc for 'special' occasions, and ask if this gives them carte-blanche to manhandle and abuse others ?. Then there is the question of what constitutes such an emergency so that 'strong-arm tactics' need to be used ?.and which supremo has the power to take the decision to employ physical force if this is deemed to be necessary ?. and is he qualified to make and give the order for a Steward to Physically abuse a Soccer Fan ?.

It worried me a little at one point to see the Stewards resorting to putting one Newcastle United Fan in a Headlock, and forcing another one's Arm up his back without a moments hesitation as the two of them celebrated a United goal..albeit by encroaching onto the pitch. This knee-jerk reaction of this application of brutish behaviour to non-violent offences seemed to outline a more sinister development in the Security psyche at The Crown which must be the cause of concern to many Supporters !..

It might, and even more sinister still, indicate a weakness in our Society which sees unnecessary Physical
violence towards others as 'the norm '...
But 'The Crown' is definately not the place for Professional Yobs and Thugs to get a bit of training in !!....

Long-winded again ??..