View Single Post
Old 31-08-2010, 16:43   #100
garinda
Give, give, give member

Re: Parkinson's Disease Society new local group

Offically found out today that a grant we applied for, has been succesful.

Small Sparks have awarded us the maximum amount of money, £500. Which we intend to use to produce information packs about Parkinson's disease, telling all about the charity Parkinson's UK (formerly known as the Parkinson's Disease Society), and the work they do both nationally, and locally.

The packs are to be given to the areas' neurologists, who will then hopefully pass on the information to new patients, that there is help and support out there, and it's not all doom and gloom.

Peter Britcliffe mentioned the grants to me, but it was Gayle Knight who encouraged me to apply, and emailed me the application forms.

On behalf of the Hyndburn & Ribble Valley Parkinson's support group, I'd like to say a massive thank you to Gayle. Your help and support helped immensely. Without you we wouldn't have this valuable grant.

Hopefully the money will help those newly diagnosed realise that although living with this degenerative, incurable disease, is initially scary, it is possible to live a fruitful, and happy life.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote