Thread: Tranmere Game
View Single Post
Old 31-08-2010, 23:40   #146
maccawozzagod
God Member

Re: Tranmere Game

well to be honest I wasn't really up for this game but given the circumstances it was the only place i wanted to be.

the game itself wasn't much to write home about. I think that Stanley played by far the better football particularly in the first half, but once Putterill had gone off we just seemed to hit it long every time.

First half, within minutes Murphy had split the defence wide open with an incisive pass, unfortunately it was a back pass and it was our defence that was split wide open. After that I thought he was immense! By far and away our best player in the 1st half.

2nd half Putterill stole the show. Everything he did, tried to do, or accidentally did seemed to pay off.

It was by no means a good performance, it was by no means a good game. And I mean this from the bottom of my heart, I was dreading extra time! And then once the 90 minute whistle had blown I learnt that it was straight to penalties! yee hah - let the good times roll!

The guy who missed the penalty for them was Fola Onibujes bigger brother, a giant! And it is still rising now. The big lummox

I can't remember the order but I think Murphy went 3rd and duly dispatched - he then ran across the Tranmere fans blowing kisses! Love ya Murf!

Edwards scored his and stared the Tranmere faithfull down with his finger on his lips! Love it!

I hated the game, I hated the empty seats everywhere, I couldn't be arsed singing with the SU, I hated the silent Tranmere in the 1st half and the laughable attempts at singing in the 2nd half. But the penalties more than made up for it, and I now go home with a happy (ier) heart.

Roll on the next round, lets hope for a home draw against somebody crap and see if we can manage another half decent run in a meaningless trophy - but one that offers a big day out and some televised games.

For me, tonight was for Coxy. There seemed a little more meaning tonight when the players came right over to the fans at the end, and seemed to applaud us for a little longer than usual.