View Single Post
Old 04-09-2010, 16:45   #403
ShadowTrev

Re: ACCY POP GROUPS 1960s

Quote:
Originally Posted by james View Post
Hi Trevor,
I found this photo of The Scorchers while I was rummaging around in a load of stuff my mum kept and then sent down to me.There are only four of us in the photo, where's Dave Robinson? I also found a letter talking about a band called Treadwheels and So On.Do you remember Ray, the drummer? He had a sports car, an old Merc, I think.He also used to tell me about a mink farm that he, or his dad had (honest).Cashy seems to remember them.On the back of the photo it says Lancashire Evening Telegraph, 16th April 1964. Cheers Jim.
Hiya Jim, this photo is the one that the Telegraph took and used in the paper when we played the Cavern, they put Dave's head-shot in the middle of the photo,it's below the Cavern coach photo's I put on this site,good to see the actual real photo -much sharper than my newspaper version. The Treadwheel's drummer was Ray Omerod he used to be well in-to cycle -racing if I remember rightly,I've seen him a few times around Accy and nodded to him but I don't think he reconise's me. Roy Taylor was the singer had'nt seen him for years but bumped into him in Asda a few months ago, he had'nt changed, we had a good natter.The bass layer John Wyora emigrated in the 60's to Canada I think,Tony Bolton was the guitarist he live's in the Isle of Man. Trev.
ShadowTrev is offline   Reply With Quote