View Single Post
Old 05-09-2010, 00:31   #413
blackburnlad

Re: ACCY POP GROUPS 1960s

I've just spent a very entertaining hour reading all the posts. Brilliant stuff. I'm just 52, so don't remember any of the bands mentioned, though I'm sure I will have seen many of you play in later incarnations in the 1970's and later. The Kev Florentine that gets a mention a couple of times is my cousin. I saw him a few months ago, but sadly it was at his younger brother's (Michael) funeral.

Rod Hill was working at Blackburn College. I worked there until 2 years ago and I'm sure he was still there then and very probably still is.

In the mid 1970's, I bought an old battered AC30 in Accrington. I possibly bought it from one of you guys on here;-)

Someone mentioned the Regent in Blackburn. I was in there most weekends from the early 70's onwards and remember those brilliant Monday nights (many a Tuesday I never made it to work - too hungover). Forever (as mentioned) were the resident band for a couple of years. Then I think they alternated weeks with a band called Thunderbird Sabden, who I assume possibly came from that area.

We often got over to Accy in the 70's for a night out and also attended some of those summer gigs in Oak Hill Park

I would love to see some of the old 1960's photos, but can't seem to open them. Any tips anyone?

Cheers !
blackburnlad is offline   Reply With Quote