Thread: Faith restored?
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2010, 19:35   #6
Pendle Red
God Member

Re: Faith restored?

In a nutshell in one post DRFCMAD you have encapsulated the one thing that bonds us all as fans of Stanley through the good times & the bad which is Camaraderie.

This Club & Town has been through so much is it's exsistence & non exsistence in footballing terms it is something that bonds the fans together into not just supporters on matchdays but creates genuine friendships that reach far beyond 3pm on a Saturday.

It hooked me from the very moment I stepped on the Clayton End and has carried on from there with family and friends but it has instilled in me a virtue of belonging to something really special, something that is difficult to describe to people who have not been to Stanley before but if you could sprinkle it over people we would have full house signs up for every Home game.

At bigger grounds & club relationships are usually built in small numbers of people in the vicinty of your seat or people you stood with from years gone by on the terraces, Stanley in some ways is a hark back to those days of free standing and getting to know people whether that is with a smile, a nod or just chatting about the Club.

The Club is a community in it's own right if we can get that message across like you have in your post DRFCMAD then we are really on the way to something bigger in terms of bigger crowds and becoming a self sufficient club.

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote