Thread: Is it me?
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2010, 16:48   #1
Lampman

Is it me?

Picture the scene your 11,12 or 13 year old child is playing out with his or her friends it is growing dark,suddenly they are approached by a group of strangers.Is it a mugging? An attempted kidnapping? Neither.' Hey you guys who wants to be tested for STD's'? Volunteers found off they troupe to have a sample tested.
Now I am a self confessed dinosaur in my PC outlook(remember they did survive for millions of years).But can anyone explain why these professionals are going around testing and supplying underage kids with condoms, contraceptive pills and morning after pills,without parents or guardians being aware?Did you know abortions can be organised without parents or guardian's knowledge?
Is it a residue of Blair's nanny state or is it going to be an ongoing thing.
Of course the PC supporters willl say'STD's are rising and teenage pregnancies are soaring we need to act.'
Well I say, yes someone needs to act I think it may be the parents need
A)Informing of little Wayne and Waynette's problems.
B)The forces of law should have a campaign of prosecution for these underage Lolitas and Don Juans and if found negligent their parents should also be collared.
But of course I am being over simplistic,I don't realise the issues.
After all we can't keep handing out flats to homeless teenage mothers can we?
Well one thing I do realise all this is going on in Accrington and hundreds of other areas throughout our once decent society.
What do we do?
Answers on a post card please!

Last edited by Lampman; 11-09-2010 at 16:53.
Lampman is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web