View Single Post
Old 15-09-2010, 09:26   #111
jaysay
Resting in Peace

Re: Full Council Meeting - 14th September

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCB View Post
For quite a while now I have doubted the need for party politics in local government .
I am pleased we have 4 Independents , and I hope they remain independent and increase in number .

It's true about the mirror image , which is a result of the party political system .

In its turn the mirror image is a mirror image of Westminster . Both Labour and Conservative Prime Ministers are more and more presidential.

I miss the likes of George Brown , Enoch Powell , Aneurin Bevan , and Michael Heseltine . I might not hav JCBe agreed with them , but they stood out as their own men , and brought colour to politics .
Well JCB (welcome back by the way) I actually agree with you, I have always said that it would be better if politics was taken out of local government, but alas it will never happen. I have maintain that all councillors do a worthwhile job irrespective of colour, why else would they be there, all this crap you here, from all parties, we're right and your wrong is toss and they all know it, they both get peeved when the other lot come up with something first before they thought of it