View Single Post
Old 22-09-2004, 16:41   #29
Willie Miller
Senior Member+

Re: If we had a defence we would be top of the league

I'll also reply JEFF so that you can have my feelings on the subject.

I remember, & you probably do as well, the "old days" when 100 or so fools went on the Stanley & watched pub players kick a ball around. I saw defeats at Bamber Bridge, Frickley, Fleetwood, Prescot etc.

These days, & following on from the successive promotions HOW COULD YOU NOT BE HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Disappointed last night BUT still happy. Coley will get it right & I'm sure that we all want an experienced centre half to organise & steady the ship. I do! There are no walkovers at this level & maybe we are a little optimistic to think that just because we turn up at Northwich the points are ours. The worst I've felt this season was the Woking game when we offered nothing. Last night could of been avoided & we could have won 3-1. Saturday was a more flattering performance than the score suggested. Daggers was SUPERB. Over the course of the season this evens out.

Personally, i like this league it is a good friendly level to follow, promotion would be superb but at the moment I am enjoying the ride (oo-er). I am 100% sure as Eric is that Coley will get us there. Remember the starts teams with bigger budgets than us have had (Stevenage & Morecambe)

Its all Good but there will be more ups & downs over the course of the season. But remember this if we win at home & draw away & only lose about 4/5/6 games we will be at least play offs.

so

SING YOU BUGGERS SING & as Coley says Keep the faith................

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote