View Single Post
Old 18-10-2010, 22:41   #126
choirboy
Senior Member+

Re: Rotherham Match Thread

I was in the Clayton end with the Ultras as usual. My view on "the penalty" was that it was neither foul conduct or a professional foul. imho it was a mistimed tackle. Wether it was in the box or not I could not tell from behind the goal but le Fondre definitely gets the "Floppsy Bunny" award for falling over easily. The assistant referee on the Whinney Hill side must have amazing eyesight because all the players were having great difficulty looking into the sun when crosses and throw ins were coming over from the main stand side! The referee was hoplessly behind play and although he acted on the linesmans call I honestly believe that he was in no position to make a judgement on the"foul", especially without consulting the liner, how could he possibly go straight for the red card!
Ellison was let off for four other bookable offences of fouling players knowingly in a calculated way. He should have been red carded in the first half! Third goal for Rotherham should have been disallowed for a blatant two handed push in the back of one of our defenders which I could see clearly from the opposite end of the ground! The referee was hopeless and really lost the plot in the first half. He was very lucky that the players did not lose the plot too because he was simply USELESS! I still believe that we can fair well this season and that we have quite a good squad that is only missing a strong centre forward. Keep the faith.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote