View Single Post
Old 19-10-2010, 00:35   #127
carpon
Full Member+

Re: Rotherham Match Thread

Anyone notice the Samba incident in the Rovers v Sunderland match tonight ??? Similiar to what happened on Saturday however in Samba's case, he did catch him proper(Unlike Saturday), he was last man (like Saturday), nowhere near a penalty (like Saturday ) yet the officials took time to deliberate before making a proper decision.....

Now on Saturday.......I can't recall the ref taking the time to go accross and consult the liner on the Whinney Hill side ?? I thought the ref had a better view of the "incident" than his liner, however the liner, despite being further away was adamant...

I was sat level with it; and it was no way a foul, it was two yards outside the area when "contact" took place and; from where I was sat about twenty five yards or so away, I was amazed the Liner thought fit to give a foul, let alone a penalty and the ref (to me at least) wasn't going to give anything until he saw the clown on the Whinney Hill side flagging furiously.....

The difference between The Officials at the Crown on Saturday and those at Ewood tonight......apparently the ref at the Crown on Sat was a third year ref....meaning he's probably only just graduated to reffing at our level.

Sadly, whether it's Le Cheat or Wellbeck (the Sunderland lad in tonight's game) any chance of getting a pen or a guy sent off, they're always going to go down like a sack of spuds...it's just whether the ref is clever or even experienced enough to see through the theatrics. And before anyone says it, I know that some of our lads try it at times and it makes me just as mad...

At the end of the day, it's going to be down to how the ref sees it...Unfortunately on Saturday he bought the con, wasn't man enough to make his own decision and gave a very bad decision...which cost us.

A bit like the Gillingham lad who gave the second penalty away the other week in the 7-4 game...wasn't even booked as I remember !!!! That maybe could have been construed as a professional foul and him being the last man and all; meaning a possible red card....... however the ref, on that occasion, just saw fit to award the penalty only. The difference between that example and Saturday...two different referees who saw things very differently...However at League Two level, it's very rare that we seem to get decent officials.

As for the claims of the Rotherham fans who've popped in to give us their two shekkels worth.....

Sour Grapes....No...I just don't like seeing a so called "professional" going all out to con officials and either try to get a penalty or somebody sent off. For two different sets of fans to say the same things about Rotherham, It's more condemming than sour grapes....Bury didn't lose to Rotherham, I've got friends who are Bury fans and they all confirmed the comments posted on their message board.

I played the game at local level for many years, sadly behind me now, however, I will say that I rarely saw those sort of theatrics in any game I played in 10 years of playing the game in my local league...Anybody who tried to do that sort of thing would have fast become a very hated and very marked man......and he would have got a proper kick to just to make sure the offending diver knew what one felt like!!!!

My solution to those sort of theatrics....maybe if the officials dished out a red for deliberately trying to con the officials, it would cut that out of the game, but I can't see that forthcoming any time soon.

Beaten by the best side...No.....we more than matched Rotherham with ten men..........11 against 11 and I think we'd have won....and comfortably....And sooner or later a decision (or two) like that will go against them..... I wonder what tune they'll sing then??????

Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill.

Last edited by carpon; 19-10-2010 at 00:45. Reason: typo!
carpon is offline   Reply With Quote