View Single Post
Old 19-10-2010, 06:14   #129
lancsdave
God Member

Re: Rotherham Match Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpon View Post
Sadly, whether it's Le Cheat or Wellbeck (the Sunderland lad in tonight's game) any chance of getting a pen or a guy sent off, they're always going to go down like a sack of spuds...it's just whether the ref is clever or even experienced enough to see through the theatrics. And before anyone says it, I know that some of our lads try it at times and it makes me just as mad...

You've hit the nail on the head, it's the players who cheat not referees. Inconsistency in referees is bound to happen because it's how they see an incident in the split second they get. How many different versions of the event are on here and thats with the help of being able to look at it numerous times. Until they find some way of stopping players cheating then it will only get worse. I don't think thats all down to the referees, the authorities have to take the lead. They have enough TV replays to take retrospective action and make an example of a few

Quote:
apparently the ref at the Crown on Sat was a third year ref....meaning he's probably only just graduated to reffing at our level.
He reffed the Barnet game last season, Stanley won which is probably why nobody noticed him

As you can probably tell I've been a referee and I tend to be a bit more lenient when judging them. However you can be assured if the one at the Turf tonight gives a bad decision I will probably voice my opinion in a less than polite way rowards him. It's a natural reaction