View Single Post
Old 19-10-2010, 16:46   #32
DaveinGermany
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!
Re: reasons to hate the tories

Quote:
Originally Posted by archiveuk View Post
We'll all be begging for Tony Blair's return soon....
That I very much doubt ! During the time he was in power, he took us into 2 wars on no merit whatsoever (one of them is still dragging on costing many UK families heartbreak & grief, sure they'd want him back) His triumphs ? Except for his own aggrandisement & to chum up to the Americans (At least he was planning ahead ... for himself anyway).

Then when he went skulking off leaving the petulant Gordo, in charge of the "Titanic GB" half a mile off the Iceberg, slick move & you want that back in power ??? I'll give most of the labor ministers credit because unlike TB, they stayed on board & went down with the ship, not the best of moves but credit too them.

As for those that scrambled into the lifeboats my aren't they reliable cosying up with the enemy, managing to hang onto power of sorts, yeah ! real troopers the Blairites loyal to themselves. Perhaps your New Boy can make a decent stab at it, I mean one of his first comments was to turn on Blairs policies, perhaps there's hope for the Lad yet, let's see eh ?

As to the New crowd, 5 Months in ... not exactly sparkling, they're neither fish nor fowl, lots of back peddling going on, but hey when you jump into bed with strangers, expect some tussling & compromise. They keep making noises but as yet no solid actions still it's only 5 Month as stated, I think judgement should at least be reserved until all the cards are on the table & implementation takes place then let's look again say in 12/18 Month. Don't forget this isn't an out & out Tory Government IT IS A CO-ALITION, libdems & Labor help bulk out the ranks!

Last edited by DaveinGermany; 19-10-2010 at 16:50. Reason: Addittion
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote