View Single Post
Old 20-10-2010, 08:56   #43
jaysay
Resting in Peace

Re: reasons to hate the tories

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Moss View Post
The point is that the Tories, the ones pulling the strings despite all this facade of a coalition, are punishing the country in a terrible way for what the banks have done to us so they can give the banks even more of our money. The recursive logic could only possibly have come from a party filled with rich men who have no idea what the 'breadline' is.

A nationalised bank would be the answer. How many people would transfer their savings to a 100% secure Bank of England which helps the country at the same time?

Don't come back at me with any of Labour's mistakes, I'm fully aware of what they were, but making even bigger ones is not the answer.

Make cuts by all means but just slow down a bit, Gideon.
We are currently paying £44 billion each year in interest alone, which is more than we spend on defence, this can't go one. The IMF have gone on record saying the GB have the best plans in place to put Britain back on a sound financial footing, better than any other G20 countries, so sorry if I take what they say to be right as opposed to a chap who is clueless on economics.