View Single Post
Old 02-11-2010, 16:59   #465
Barrie Yates
Senior Member+

Re: The value of public funded art

Quote:
Originally Posted by shillelagh View Post
why not wait till its after the event .. go and see it for yourself .. and then decide if its worth the money spent ... before making your mind up ...

i was always told .. one mans art is another mans tat ... in otherwords what one person thinks is art .. another person thinks it rubbish ..

gayle put it forward to wait till after the event .. ken agreed to it .. and seeing as their the ones with the info ... its only a couple of week off .. so wait and see ... go and watch it .. then make your mind up.
The record so far does not raise ones hopes that it will be value for money - so far every one of these events has been an in-mitigated flop and has received nothing but a strong aversion to this type of event.
I ask a simple question - Do markets such as those at Bury, Blackburn, Burnley, Liverpool or Doncaster require an "arts entertainment" session to attract customers to the stalls?
Gayle, ask the townsfolk whether they can think of better ways to have spent this money rather than pay second/third rate "artists" - I use that word with severe reservations. Ask the townsfolk what they would prefer - you have already got an impression of what they think, surely you are intelligent enough to realise that you have dug yourself a deep hole and are continuing to dig.