View Single Post
Old 08-11-2010, 09:57   #623
garinda
Give, give, give member

Re: The value of public funded art

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Affordable or unaffordable, it don't make much difference to me, anything that is classed as a leisure pursuit should be funded by those who use or are interested in it. I would imagine that 80% of the general public have never given a fig for art of any kind, I'm in that category
I don't really understand what you're saying.

Doesn't it make a difference to you, even though you say art isn't of interest to you, that you're funding it, regardless as to whether you want to, or not?

If someone was struggling to keep a roof over their familys' heads, and hard to find money to keep them warm and fed, they'd be pretty stupid spending money having the front door painted.

State funded art schemes seem unwanted, by the vast majority of people, who see very little value and worth in them, both finacially and artistically.

Still, it's only 'two bob' of your money...or £2,000.00, to be more precise, if you want to teach the next generation of Banksys to pefect their tag in an Accrington park, before sharing their graffiti with us on a lager scale.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote