View Single Post
Old 11-11-2010, 20:56   #690
garinda
Give, give, give member

Re: The value of public funded art

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinness View Post
Hey Irish, did it really take you 670 posts to google flash mob?

And...

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda
Again, no thanks, in helping promote the event.

I'm sure we'll all have learnt the steps soon, and we'll then consider it money very well spent.

YouTube - civicartscentre's Channel

Responded to by garinda
Although if you'd gone down the more tradition route, the costs would have been zilch...

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda

Approach local dance schol. Find out who is good, and perhaps wants to dance as a career. Ask if they'd help video an easy to learn sequence, which would be filmed, after promissing them you'll write a reference, if/when they apply to study dance at college, and perhaps throw in a new pair of leg-warmers.

Make sure details of event, and video showing what people should do at allotted time of flash mob, are sent to every school, youth club, community centre, whoever else might be interested, in the area.

Sit back, and watch it happen.

Responded to by garinda
No fees, no admin. charges, no charge for performance co-ordination.

Nothing required from the public purse at all.

YouTube - civicartscentre's Channel

A great fat zero, and a saving of £1,160.00

That has to be a first, even for an accyweb pedant/troll/spammer....quoting and responding to ones own post..

There's always one...sits at the end of the bar, bores the crap out of everyone, keeps on harping on the same point..over and over and over and over and over and over again.

Why not just use copy/paste and a disclaimer..something along the lines of 'here is yet another post from me in this thread where I am posting the same thing AGAIN but one or two words may be added in yet another vain attempt at humour/wit/sarcasm/irony/name dropping' (delete as appropriate)

Yawn!
Er..to anyone but a fool, I quoted my own post, to illustrate that I'd already suggested a free way of having a flash mob, via a clip on YouTube, after showing this event had subsequently done the same thing...but at some greater cost to the public purse. My costings equalled zero, not £1,160.00

Pretty colours, in your post, by the way.

Did those nice teachers show you how to do that, when you weren't busy licking the windows?

Very artistic.

Well done you.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote