View Single Post
Old 18-11-2010, 13:32   #70
ukcowboy
God Member

Re: Dwindling Home Support?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
The local media are hopeless. They seem quite content to repeat meaningless (and often deceitful) press releases from the club without any questions being asked.

The Whalley/O'Neill ownership fiasco is ripe for a good investigative journalist - but none is to be seen. From what I read in the press, there is not a single reporter/journalist who has the courage and/or skill to ask the "difficult and awkward questions".

On the assumption that the reporters read this forum, let me suggest some questions.
"Mr O'Neill, do you own Accrington Stanley?"
"Mr O'Neill, could you explain clearly the current position of Mr Whalley vis-à-vis Accrington Stanley?"
"Mr O'Neill, you are on record as saying that you would not invest any money in Accrington Stanley. Could you please confirm that that is still correct?"
"Mr O'Neill, what are your aims and objectives for Accrington Stanley for the next five years? Please provide a year-by-year breakdown of how you will achieve those aims and objectives."
"Mr O'Neill, what was the response to your request, made in July, for individuals to volunteer as directors?"
"Mr O'Neill, does the club have any debts greater than £10,000?"

I'm sure that others can come up with a list of further direct questions. Sadly there is not a reporter in sight who could do so.
I fear that you are 100% right RR..........but it needs to be done

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote