View Single Post
Old 06-12-2010, 01:08   #1
accyman
God Member

thinking of buying the elonex android tablets the read this first

if you are thinking of buying one of the elonex tablets that are selling like hot cakes and very much in demand this xmas and are currently on offer at toys r us but also on sale at asda and next heres some info you should know before buying

they do two models the 10" and 7" and i have purchased both as xmas presents

1: toys r us will tell you they play flash on websites and will be pre loaded with google android v2.2 which allows this so you can play your games on facebook.This is a lie and as of yet there is no update on the elonex website to uprgrade your device to v.2.2 but there is an app to play youtube videos but thats about as good as it gets for flash

2:the 7" model is inredibly slow and although it boasts you can play video files such as avi files they will play but playback will be stuttery and laggy which i tested with over 20 diffferent avi files personaly.The 10" model will handle the same video files quite nicely.

3: i am typing this as i try to install a game on to the 7" model and so far it has taken over 20 mins which for a game of only 23mb in size is ridiculous to say the least

4: the 7" model gets pretty warm infact what some may consider hot so holding it for prolonged periods of surfing the net etc time may become unomfortable especialy for a child

5: so far i have not found any serious issues with the 10" model apart from the dissapointment at the lack of the v2.2 google android operating system and its lack of ability to play flash on websites

if you want a cheap alternative to the ipad then the 10" model is the better option of the two in my opinion and i will be returning my 7" model for a full refund tomorrow.The website is a little more honest than the sales guy that sold me mine but i hadnt seen the website i went off what i was told instore when i made the purchase

this is the devices in question

Elonex eTouch 7" Android Tablet PC - Toys R Us - Britain's greatest toy store

Elonex eTouch 10" Android Tablet PC - Toys R Us - Britain's greatest toy store

happy shopping

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Last edited by accyman; 06-12-2010 at 01:13.
accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web