Thread: Accy obsever
View Single Post
Old 13-12-2010, 10:46   #28
jaysay
Resting in Peace

Re: Accy observer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCB View Post
After some alterations to my parents' council house in 1970 they started to have problems . The waste pipe from the bathroom to the pipes outside the house wasn't right . The waste was backing up and coming up under the carpets in the kitchen . This happened three times and each time it was supposed to have been made right . When it happened a fourth time they contacted Mrs Court , who I think was chairman of the housing committee . She came over on her way to work at Holy Family . She stayed with my parents , got in touch with the housing manager , and waited until he came , even though it would make her late for work . She told him that it had to made right . It was , and they had no trouble afterwards .

The housing manager told my parents not to bother Mrs Court again because she was a busy lady . You and I will know that it was because she stood no messing from officials and had her constituents' interests at heart .
Totally agree JCB Bette was one of the old type councillors (of which there were quite a few on both sides of the devide) I was sorry when she had to pack it in for health reasons and moved away from the area