View Single Post
Old 02-10-2004, 03:53   #10
Beanie
Junior Member+

Re: "The Art of Graffitti Writing"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazf
Did you read the posts and if you did do you think a good bit of Graffitti will smarten up Accy or as long as the KIDS have got something to do and its creative then fine, hey why dont we have a workshop on how to break in to houses and we can let the kids come up with the most creative way to get in or even the most creative way to sell the stuff afterwards.
Yes, I read the posts, and no, graffiti wouldn't smarten the town up. I wouldn't mind it in certain places, though, it looks quite smart when done well. Drawing with spraypaint is hardly something bad, if done in the appropriate places, and obviously not used as vandalism.

I don't appreciate people jumping to conclusions as to what I mean. If you don't understand, just ask. Would you rather the kids that are into graffiti to be doing it in other places than designated areas? How do you compare an event for kids to spraypaint to stealing from people? Let me guess...they get shown how to do it and (gasp!) they might just do it all over the place! Oh Dear! We'll have to stop showing them how to paint in school case they start becoming vandals. Maybe we'll have to stop them from learning how to throw balls in PE, in case they decide to throw stones and break windows, etc.

Or maybe not.
Beanie is offline   Reply With Quote